Tis’ The Season For Scholarships!
In years past, we have presented 16 annual scholarships to local students that chose to pursue their educational goals in Montana. In 2022, we have an additional six scholarships available, for a grand total of 22 scholarships – 20 General Scholarships and 2 Line Scholarships!
The scholarship application will be available on our website from 8 a.m. on November 1, 2022, until 5 p.m. on January 12, 2023.
1. Applicant or parent(s)/legal guardian must be an MEC member at the time of submission and selection.
2. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or higher.
3. Applicant must be attending, or planning to attend, an accredited Montana college, vocational school or line program.
4. Applicant must have one of the following: a minimum 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA), an ACT score above 22 or an SAT score above 1120.
5. The scholarship application must be completed in entirety. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed/scored.
6. For tracking purposes, we will no longer be accepting paper applications. All applications must be submitted online.
If you’re interested in applying, please visit us online for more information and/or to complete an online application. If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Kelsey Lodge by emailing KelseyL@meccoop.com or calling 406.541.6352.
As a cooperative, we operate as a non-profit. After operating expenses are paid, we allocate remaining margins back to members in the form of capital credits. With Board approval, capital credits are retired (paid out) periodically. Often, recipients can’t be located and their capital credits go unclaimed. As a cooperative, one of our core principles is education, therefore unclaimed capital credits are applied to our Education Trust Fund, which helps fund our Annual Scholarship Program, as well as other educational programs.