Donation and Sponsorship Request Form
Missoula Electric Cooperative (MEC) proudly supports organizations, events and causes that benefit the communities in which we serve. We ask that major event or sponsorship requests be submitted two months prior to the deadline.
To help expedite your application, please review the following criteria and provide any support documentation.
To Be Considered
To be considered, your organization must satisfy the following:
- Be a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, a civic organization, school or group
- Serve the needs of members in the MEC service area
MEC’s Areas of Interest and Ongoing Support
- Arts and culture
- Community-focused events or programs
- Events that do not compromise MEC’s reputation or discriminate with regard to race, color, national origin, enthicity, sexual orientation, age, religion, qualified disability, marital or veteran status
- Veterans or Armed Forces
- Sports and recreation
- Community health and wellness
- Affordability of the event for the general public. MEC typically sponsors events with tickets under $50. Full disclosure of participating sponsors and levels
Requests Likely to Be Denied
Requests to fund the following are likely to be denied:
- Religious affiliated events or programs
- Political affiliated events or programs
- Private foundations
Please note, Missoula Electric Cooperative is unable to waive monthly electric charges in lieu of a donation.
Requests by MEC
In consideration for event sponsorship, MEC requests the following:
- Agreement of Confidentiality: The specific terms and conditions of the sponsorship agreements are confidential. They shall not be made available to any 3rd party without prior written consent from MEC.
- Right of First Refusal: Event organizers agree to offer MEC the first right of refusal for the next event sponsorship.
- Right to Promote Sponsorship: MEC appreciates the opportunity to support the community. We may opt to promote our partnership via our website, social media or printed materials. We may also request to capture video footage or images during the event.
If funding is approved, a Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (IRS Form W-9) will be required.
Missoula Electric Cooperative reserves the right to deny any request or honor a partial amount of the request without stating a reason. Missoula Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.