Font Size: minusplus
Scholarship applications will be available at 8 am on November 1st and are due by 5 pm on January 12th.
1. Applicant or parent(s)/legal guardian must be an MEC member at the time of submission and selection.
2. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or higher.
3. Applicant must be attending, or planning to attend, an accredited Montana college, vocational school or line program.
4. Applicant must have one of the following: a minimum 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA), an ACT score above 22 or an SAT score above 1120.
5. The scholarship application must be completed in entirety. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed/scored.
6. For tracking purposes, we will no longer be accepting paper applications. All applications must be submitted online.
SCHOLARSHIP REVIEW AND SCORING:
Applications will be scored using the following criteria, for a total of 100 possible points:
• 40 pts – Scholastic achievement
• 40 pts – Future goals
• 20 pts – Community involvement and school activities
RECIPIENT SELECTION – GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP:
1. All eligible applications will be reviewed and scored by the Board of Trustees’ Education Committee.
2. Phase I - The two highest scoring applicants from each of our seven districts will be selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship, for a total of 14 educational scholarships. If any district is not able to produce two applicants, the scholarship(s) will be available in the next phase.
3. Phase 2 – The remaining applications will then be put into a pool. The highest scoring applicants from this pool will be selected to receive a $1,000 educational scholarship, to achieve a total of 17 scholarships when combined with Phase 1 recipients.
4. Phase 3 – The remaining applications will then be put into a pool for a drawing at our Annual Meeting in March. Three applicants will be drawn at random to receive a $1,000 educational scholarship. Must be present to win.
RECIPIENT SELECTION – LINE SCHOLARSHIP:
2. The two highest scoring applicants will be selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship for a total of two line program scholarships.
I agree to permit the review of my application, school transcript and records by anyone representing Missoula Electric Cooperative.
All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status or handicap.
Missoula Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Operation Round Up