Youth Ambassador Program
What is MEC’s Youth Ambassador Program?
Being a member of MEC’s Youth Ambassador Program is a distinguished opportunity to contribute to your community and enhance your leadership skills, which will help you with your educational aspirations and future career. High School Juniors and Seniors will have an interactive, hands-on experience with other high school students, MEC’s Board and leadership team, local businesses and non-profit organizations.
What do we look for in a Youth Ambassador?
- Interest in operations, business administration, marketing, technology, finance, the trades, etc.
- Individuals that are natural-born leaders, who are willing to step-up and take initiative
- Those with an enthusiastic, team-oriented personality
- Students with a spirit of volunteerism and a willingness to engage with community leaders and organizations
No experience? No worries!
MEC’s leaders will mentor all Youth Ambassadors and Officers.
Important dates and events:
- A tentative calendar for the 2020 – 2021 Youth Ambassador season (October 2020 – April 2021) can be found by clicking the PDF, below.
- The date of our mandatory Youth Ambassador Orientation is TBD.
- Monthly Youth Ambassador Meetings are a requirement for all Youth Ambassadors and will recur throughout the school year on the third Wednesday of the month from 11:30 – 12:30 PM. Please note that Youth Ambassadors cannot miss more than two meetings in a term.
- Youth Ambassadors are required to attend the MEC Annual Meeting, which is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 20, 2021.
What are the requirements of the Youth Ambassadors?
- The Youth Ambassadors will be involved in at least two community service events, activities or projects per term. Ambassadors will be expected to regularly attend our monthly Ambassador Meetings, bringing their enthusiasm, team-oriented attitude and thirst to learn!
- Your parent or legal guardian must be a current MEC Member.
- Application deadline is Friday, September 11 by 5 PM
- If selected, Ambassadors are required to serve a full term, running October 2020 – April 2021
– There will be no meeting in December
– Ambassadors are expected to attend MEC’s Annual Meeting tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 20, 2021
Please contact Kelsey Lodge, Manager of Communications & PR, at 406.541.6352 or KelseyL@meccoop.com