Youth Ambassador Program
What is MEC’s Youth Ambassador Program?
Being a member of MEC’s Youth Ambassador Program is a distinguished opportunity to contribute to your community and enhance your leadership skills, which will help you with your educational aspirations and future career. High schoolers will have an interactive, hands-on experience with other high school students, MEC’s Board and leadership team, local businesses and non-profit organizations.
What do we look for in a Youth Ambassador?
- Interest in operations, business administration, marketing, technology, finance, the trades, etc.
- Individuals that are natural-born leaders, who are willing to step-up and take initiative
- Those with an enthusiastic, team-oriented personality
- Students with a spirit of volunteerism and a willingness to engage with community leaders and organizations
No experience? No worries!
MEC’s leaders will mentor all Youth Ambassadors and officers.
What are the requirements of the Youth Ambassadors?
- The Youth Ambassadors will be involved in at least one community service event, activity or project per term. Ambassadors will be expected to regularly attend our monthly Ambassador Meetings, bringing their enthusiasm, team-oriented attitude and thirst to learn!
- Ambassador’s parent or legal guardian must be a current MEC member.
- Ambassador must be a high schooler to participate.
- A tentative calendar for the 2022 – 2023 Youth Ambassador season (October 2022 – April 2023) can be found here.
- The date of our mandatory Youth Ambassador Orientation is Wednesday, October 12th from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM.
- Monthly Youth Ambassador meetings are a requirement for all Ambassadors. After Orientation, all monthly meetings will recur throughout the school year on the third Wednesday of the month from 11:30 – 12:30 PM.
- Youth Ambassadors are required to attend the MEC Annual Meeting, which is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 18, 2023.
- Youth Ambassadors cannot miss more than two meetings in a term.
- Application deadline is Friday, September 9th by 5 PM
- If selected, Ambassadors are required to serve a full term, running October 2022 – April 2023.
- There will be no meeting in December, due to the holidays and winter break.
- There is no weekday meeting in March, because of the Annual Meeting attendance requirement.
- Ambassadors are expected to attend the Annual Meeting, typically held the third Saturday in March (tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 18, 2023).
- A tentative calendar for the 2022 – 2023 Youth Ambassador season can be found above in the section titled, “Important information.”
Please contact Kelsey Lodge, Manager of Communications & PR, at 406.541.6352 or KelseyL@meccoop.com
2022 – 2023 Youth Ambassador Application
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on Friday, September 9, 2022.
We apologize, but we are no longer accepting applications. Submissions were due by September 9th at 5 PM.