We believe in investing in today’s youth, because they are our future!
Some of the brightest students reside within our district schools and we want to give them an opportunity to experience the past, present and future of our great nation.
Each fall, we invite (current) Sophomores and Juniors to apply for a chance to win the trip of a lifetime to Washington D.C. If chosen to represent MEC, students will join more than 1,500 other high school students and watch history come alive, while exploring museums, memorials and monuments, and rubbing elbows with US Representatives and Senators, all while learning about the history of rural electrification and the value it brings to our communities.
2023 Youth Tour Contest
2023 Youth Tour Resource Guide
Youth Tour Essay Contest Application Form
The topic for this year’s essay is: If you could witness one historical moment first hand, what would it be and why?
Application criteria, below:
- Applications may be submitted Tuesday, November 1st – Wednesday, November 30th, 2022
- Students must be a High School Junior or Senior in fall of 2023 (currently a Sophomore or Junior);
- Student may not be a former Youth Tour winner;
- The student’s parent or guardian must be served by Missoula Electric Cooperative;
- The essay must include a cover page with the student’s full name, address, phone number, name of rural electric cooperative and a completed application;
- The essay and a complete application must be emailed to Kelsey Lodge at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5 PM on Wednesday, November 30th.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.