Some of the brightest students reside within our district schools and we want to give them an opportunity to experience the past, present and future of our great nation.
Each fall, we invite (current) sophomores and juniors to apply for a chance to win the trip of a lifetime to Washington D.C. If chosen to represent MEC, students will join more than 1,500 other high school students and watch history come alive, while exploring museums, memorials and monuments, and rubbing elbows with US Representatives and Senators, all while learning about the history of rural electrification and the value it brings to our communities.
2024 Youth Tour Materials
An online application will be available on this webpage at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, November 1, 2023. The application period will end promptly at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 30th, 2023. Please save the date and check back! We look forward to receiving your application.
2024 Essay Topic
If you could have dinner with one prominent Washington D.C. figure, whether from the past or present, who would that person be and why? What would you ask them?
- Applications may be submitted from 8 a.m. on Wednesday, November 1, 2023 until 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 30th, 2023;
- Students must be a high school junior or senior in fall of 2024 (student is currently a sophomore or junior);
- Student may not be a former Youth Tour winner;
- The student’s parent or guardian must be served by Missoula Electric Cooperative;
- The essay must be submitted as a Word document and include a cover page with the student’s full name, address, phone number, and list “Missoula Electric Cooperative” as their rural electric cooperative;
- Student essays and a complete application must be submitted on our website by no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 30, 2023.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.