Font Size: minusplus
**Person in whose name the electricity will be billed must be a member, or establish
membership before the New Service Application can be processed**
The Geocode is a number which is unique for each parcel of land. You can obtain your geocode by doing an address search in one of the following databases:
For Missoula County:
All Montana Counties
You may proceed with the application, however, you will need to provide MEC with information to help locate the parcel on which work is being requested.
Legal description with Township, Section, Range and/or Certificate of Survey number, water/ sewer system locations, building locations, roads, driveways, and any other non-utility owned facilities on (or planned on) the property.
Three phase motors larger than 40 hp must be equipped to limit current draw and voltage dip. Missoula Electric Cooperative restricts single phase motors to 10 hp or less.
1. A $150.00 Construction Deposit (non-refundable) must be paid before a Staking Technician will conduct field staking. The fee will be credited towards construction costs.
2. MEC will provide a cost estimate, which will need to be paid prior to construction.
3. Applicant shall provide a plot plan consisting of the following:
a. Well and/or water system
b. Sewer and/or septic system
d. Roads and/or driveway
e. Any other non-utility owned facilities on the property.
4. Applicant shall apply for an electrical permit - either from the state, city or county. In the city of Missoula or Missoula County, an electrical inspection is required before MEC can energize the service.
5. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain an easement to MEC when crossing another individual's property. The Cooperative requires an easement when placing any primary line on your property; this easement will be drawn up by the Staking Technician and has to be signed and notarized by the titled property owner(s).
6. Membership - To receive electrical service, you will need to become a member of the Cooperative. An application needs to be filled out. MEC will do an "Online Utility Check" to determine credit rating. A minimum deposit of $150 may be required to complete membership.
7. A tentative date of construction will be given to the consumer after all the following requirements have been met:
a. Payment in full for all construction costs.
b. Copy of the State, City or County Electrical Permit.
c. Signed & notarized easement(s).
d. Approved trench/conduit/clearing of right of way, if required.
MEC cannot guarantee construction after October 15th.
Power is available when the project construction is complete. At that time, a monthly base charge for each completed service will apply.
All construction will be to MEC standards outlined in the Service Requirements Manual.
Consumer is responsible for all restoration.
Use this link to download a New Service Application (PDF)
Operation Round Up
Free Energy Saving Kit