At Missoula Electric Cooperative, the vast majority of our members are residential consumers. This means there is a wealth of opportunity to achieve savings in this sector of our membership. Residential energy efficiency rebates are available for ENERGY STAR washers, heat pump water heaters, and high-efficiency heat pumps.
Click below to explore more about our residential incentives:
A typical household spends about $110 per year or 10 – 15 percent of its annual electric bill on lighting. Much of this is wasted on inefficient incandescent bulbs. Why inefficient – Because Incandescent bulbs convert only 10% of the energy they consume to light. The other 90% is converted to heat. MEC supports energy efficient lighting by working at the retail level to buy down the cost of ENERGY STAR LED® lighting. This means there is no paperwork to file and the rebate is applied to the price of lighting on the shelf.
Benefits of Light Emitting Diode (LED) bulbs:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified LED bulbs are more efficient, durable, versatile and longer lasting, delivering more light (lumens) for fewer watts.
- ENERGY STAR® LED bulbs have a consistent color of light over the rated life of the bulb.
- LED “lifetime” is set based on a prediction of when the light output decreases by 30 percent.
- LEDs are readily available from most area retailers who sell light bulbs. Look for the ENERGY STAR® logo to ensure quality.
If you need to dispose of compact fluorescent bulbs, please take them to either Missoula ACE Hardware location, Home Depot, the Missoula Electric Cooperative office in Missoula, or Rovero’s in Seeley Lake. If you should happen to break a CFL and need to clean it up, please follow these instructions.
Northwest Energy Efficient Manufactured Housing Program
Our line voltage rebate program applies to single-family homes with zonal heat (baseboards or wall heaters) with no Line-Voltage Thermostats. Savings arise from the Line-Voltage Thermostats maintaining temperature closer to the set temperature on the dial than older, bi-metal thermostats. Electronic line voltage thermostats eliminate hysteresis, also known as deadband, which is the temperature difference range between a bi-metallic thermostat coming on and shutting off.
|Wall-Mount Bi-metalic Thermostat||Onboard Bi-metalic Thermostat||Electronic Line-Voltage Thermostat|