Applying for Membership
Missoula Electric Cooperative (MEC) was founded in 1936 and is a member-owned, not-for-profit, electric distribution cooperative that serves electricity to members in Montana (six counties) and Idaho (one county). MEC strives to uphold a commitment to service excellence while delivering safe, affordable and reliable electricity to its members.
Membership is open to any person or organization within MEC’s defined service area. If you are new to the area and unsure who your power provider is, we recommend looking at your electric meter, as service areas often overlap with other local utilities. If your meter says “Missoula Electric Cooperative” on the faceplate, you will need to contact our office to start service.
Two Ways To Apply For Membership:
- Submit an Online Membership Application. Businesses and Organizations, please complete the membership application in step 2 below.
- Download and complete a paper copy of MEC’s Membership Application (PDF) and drop it off at our office, located at 1700 West Broadway in Missoula, weekdays from 8 AM – 5 PM. If you are unable to visit our office to submit your application, you may fax it to 406.541.6318 or email it to email@example.com.
When completing your application, please have your six-digit meter number on hand. An example of how to read your meter can be found here.
Submit A Member Name Change Form:
The Member Name Change Form is provided for MEC members who choose to keep their existing service, but require a name change on their account due to marriage, divorce or another legal name change.
Please note that members will be prompted to upload supporting documents prior to submission.
- Marriage – a copy of marriage certificate and driver’s license;
- Divorce – a copy of divorce decree and driver’s license; or
- Other Legal Name Change – legal supporting documents and driver’s license.
Questions? Please contact our Member Services department, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (406)541.4433.